Join the Team
Do you have a passion for UX, editing, and/or reading the latest and greatest UX books and thought leadership?
Join the User Experience Magazine’s Editorial Team as a book reviewer or article editor.
Both positions are volunteer roles. You can also contribute to the magazine by suggesting a book to review.
As a book reviewer you will:
- Read and review 2-4 user experience books a year provided by the Magazine
- Help identify books in and outside of the UX field of interest to UX practitioners
- Add to your own UX library
This is a great opportunity to build your thought leadership (and UX library) while helping the UX community.
Book reviewers serve a term of at least 1 year. The time commitment is typically between 6 and 8 hours a month. See the book review guidelines.
Interested? Email bookreviews at uxpa dot org. Tell us about yourself with a professional bio, the name of the last UX book you read, and a 1 paragraph review of the book.
As an article editor you will:
- Provide feedback on article proposals to help curate articles for each issue of the magazine
- Work with User Experience authors to refine and improve articles
- Serve a term of at least 2 years
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the latest thinking on UX methods, tools, and trends.
Interested? Email uxmagazine at uxpa dot org. Tell us about your professional background and why you’re interested in the position.
Suggest a book to review
We review books with potential influence on user experience, usability, or design effectiveness. In addition to books specifically about usability, this may include books on business, human perceptions, psychology, sociology and other fields relevant to UX.
We prefer books that have been published recently or are in a new edition.
If you have a book you think we might be interested in and want to submit a review, send us a note at bookreviews at uxpa dot org with:
- Your name and summary of professional background
- The book details: Full title, author, publisher, publication date
You can review our book review guidelines to learn more about our process and download the book review template.