Tags (Editorial Guide)
Tags are keywords, identifying topics of the article content.
- They appear in a tag cloud on the home page.
- They are also displayed next to the article as a link that launches a search for all articles with the same tag. (Spelling counts!)
- All articles must have at least one tag.
Consider: UX disciplines, research methods, types of product or information format, mobile devices, business of UX, audience groups, region or country, industry.
- Tag concepts that connect articles across different terminology used in the content.
- Words or phrases that are very specific may be better handled in search.
- Use the lookup lists find existing tags to avoid multiple spellings or close variants
- Do not “overtag” – keep the tags meaningful.
- Do not tag people’s names or company names.
- Do not tab brand names