Author Entries (Production Guide)
Article author information is stored in a special user category called “Guest Authors,” which includes their name, headshot and bio. The author is attached to the article, and displayed next to (or below) the article content.
Author bios are not translated.
There is only one entry per author. Article bios and headshots are updated with each article if new material is provided by the author.
Adding an author to an article
Below the content editing window, there is a place for the authors. By default the username that creates the article is assigned as the author. First add the correct authors, then delete the name of the editor who created the post.
- Search by last name, select the author. If there is more than one author, you can drag them into the correct order.
- The authors entered here will appear in the WordPress posts listing
Author headshot image
These are small images, so they should be tightly cropped to the head.
- Format JPG. Size 50×50 (scale the image before uploading)
- Filename: LastFI-Headshot.JPG (please, please include “headshot” so we can search easily)
Creating the Guest Author entry
They must be created by an Administrator
- The Display Name is their full name as it will appear in the article display
- First/Middle and Last names.
- Create an email address in the format:
(This is not a real email address, and is not displayed anywhere, but the author image will not display without this field being filled in.)
- Bio goes in the bio field
- Headshots are set as the featured image
- Let the system put in the unique slug, no mapping.